Position Type: Full Time
Date Ad Posted: 24 Oct 2017
Job Region: Toronto downtown area
Application Deadline: 13 Nov 2017
Years Experience: 5 years as an Administrative Assistant
Status: 1 Year Full Time Contract (renewable)
Salary: To Be Negotiated
The Centre for Global Health Research (CGHR) conducts high quality research that advances global health. Specific emphasis is on large scale epidemiologic studies in India and real life randomized studies. We are a dynamic group of researchers, based out of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute (LKSKI), St. Michaels Hospital, Toronto.
CGHR is currently seeking an individual who can provide administrative and research support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for performing a broad range of administrative and research support services. As a highly organized, self-motivated, results-oriented individual, you will be accountable for:
- Performing general administrative assistant duties including, mail outs and courier, filing, photocopying, maintaining office equipment and supplies, booking staff/visitor travel and accommodation, and assisting with travel visa applications.
- Organizing local and international workshops, including booking venues, managing attendees travel logistics, finalizes meeting agenda and printing materials, etc.
- Tracking project expenditures, processes reimbursements, and completes project financial reports.
- Providing support for grant writing, including drafting budgets.
- Providing support to the research team on an as needed basis, including assistance with designing figures and tables for publication; data cataloguing, transcription and cleaning; website update support; obtaining appropriate research articles and literature searches, proof-reading, etc.
- Handling e-mail, telephone inquiries and other general office duties.
- Business Degree and/or Diploma in office administration/medical secretarial program and/or combination of education and experience;
- Minimum of five years experience as an administrative assistant;
- Experience working in a hospital/research environment is an asset;
- Typing speed 60 wpm;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is essential (Computer Savvy);
- Experience with Adobe Writer/Photoshop is an asset;
- Written and spoken fluency in English essential;
- Demonstrated success in contributing to effective teamwork coupled with the ability to work independently and to communicate priorities;
- Demonstrated knowledge of scientific and research terminology;
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking skills in data processing;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication, problem solving skills and ability to multitask;
- Attention to details and efficient turnaround time to deliver high-quality results is essential;
- Must have excellent attendance record;
- Interest in health issues of developing countries;
- Any other duties assigned.
Job Contact Information:
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to: