CGHR is seeking a skilled and talented Project/Database Coordinator for our Bangalore office in India.
- Manage a large, community-based dataset from all parts of India
- Import and export data to/from different data management systems
- Match, link, and troubleshoot different databases with varying structures
- Manipulate databases for merging, sorting, matching, and transforming
- Update databases to correct errors while defining and reviewing programming edit checks
- Routine back up of database, maintain data standards, and analyzing and tuning the database
- Develop and establish data, consistency checks and other quality control measures necessary for the final analysis
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for data dictionary
- Track study progress and issue periodic reports
- Communicate regularly with technical and other operational staff to ensure the database integrity and security
- Demonstrate creativity and initiative in developing data and determining the content of the data quality checks independently
- Collaborate with the database team in the development and maintenance of data
- Collect metric data on the data management functions and run monthly summaries and graphs
The successful candidate should be able to perform the following tasks and have proven experience in the following:
- Technical and operational inputs for survey management
- Operational management of data entry of manual surveys along with quality control checks
- Data analysis
- Periodic coordination and interface with various partners
- Good documenting and communication skills
- Program management: keep a track of the deliverables attained and the time spent in hours by each member, dependency issues, etc.
- Skills, qualities and experience required
- Good organizational skills, an eye for detailed operational processes, and an understanding of the importance of accuracy and quality in scientific work are required
- Data analysis and data mining experience using SAS/STATA/SPSS/SQL and other data mining tools
- Strong conceptual, organizational, project management and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and with a minimum supervision
- Candidates should have at least 3 years of experience in these areas
Additional knowledge and skills preferred:
- Knowledge of health care systems, medical/epidemiological terminology, and ICD-10 classification
- An understanding of quantitative methods as they apply to health information
- Knowledge and skills to create advanced graphics for scientific reports and journals
- Graduate degree in bio-statistics, statistics, or a related field, with skills in operational management
Please submit a cover letter and CV to:
St. John Research Institute
Kormangala, Bangalore, 560034
Please quote “Project/Database Coordinator position” in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: open until filled.
CGHR thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CGHR has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to All Opportunities