The successful Research Business Manager at CGHR will manage the organization’s finances, budget, human resources responsibilities, and coordinate branding with St. Michael’s Hospital (SMH).
- Manage the organization’s operational budget, maintaining financial records for external research funding, and directly overseeing research financial transactions
- Prepare and monitor budgets and reports for Research Scientist Support, Research Administration and other areas, as required
- Help to develop and implement a Research Strategic Plan for CGHR
- Create databases for grants, projects and publications to help monitor productivity and ensure the most effective use of available resources
- Effectively deliver financial support services (e.g., financial reporting, purchasing, accounts payables, handling audits)
- Develop strong external linkages to funding agencies and government to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies
- Manage CGHR’s annual scientific Advisory Board Meetings
- Ensure support, training, and appropriate management of over 30 research staff
- Directly manage 2 Toronto staff and an additional 7-8 direct reports in the Bangalore/New Delhi offices
- Work closely with SMH to:
- Ensure appropriate management of funds
- Coordinate branding efforts of CGHR and SMH
- Maintain a good working relationship with the SMH Foundation in support of Capital Campaign and ongoing fundraising
- Ensure the establishment of fair and consistent position definitions and remuneration for Research staff
- Oversee the review and negotiation of research contracts and grants
- Ensure appropriate human resources policies and procedures are in place and relevant to the particular needs of CGHR
- Master’s degree in business preferred, as well as 3-5 years of experience as a Certified General Accountant or Certified Management Accountant (or equivalent)
- Business Administration or Business of Commerce training with requisite years of management experience
- Solid technical skills in finance, human resources issues, developing contracts, negotiation, capital projects, and ethics
- Excellent team-building skills including mentoring junior staff
- Demonstrated ability to build/maintain integrity and trust
- Ability to identify, recruit and manage talented research staff
- Experience with non-profit work in developing country settings preferred
- Ability to travel overseas, independently or with a team
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Computer and internet proficiency
- Excellent attendance required
- Experience working in a Hospital environment preferred.
- Proactive with excellent problem-solving skills, and ability to adjust with the dynamic needs of the organization
Please send a cover letter and CV with references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote “Research Business Manager position” in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: open until filled.
CGHR thanks all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CGHR has a diverse workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to All Opportunities